Milanese risotto with wild porcini mushrooms
- 25 grams butter.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped.
- 15 dried mushroom, that have been soaking (plumping up) in 200ml water for one hour before starting.
- 400 ml chicken stock.
- 150 grams “arborio” Italian rice.
- 25 grams parmesan cheese-grated.
- 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, fry for 5min,do not burn the onion!
- Prepare stock (has to be medium-salty).
- Add the mushroom soaking liguid to the stock.
- When the onion are golden and soft, add rice.
- Stir the rice for 2-3 min, or until the rice is glossy.
- Stir(this process takes about 20 min.on a low heat,do not increase the heat because the flavours will not be allowed to infuse into the rice.
- Keep adding the stock little by little.only add once is no more liquid on top of the rice.
- Check the rice to make sure it cooks slowly,but does not become soggy: Stir frequently to avoid the rice sticking o the bottom of the pan.
- The risotto rice is cooked once the hard bit in the centre of the rice is no longer there BUT the rice must not become soggy.
- Add the mushroom and the white wine to the rice during the cooking process, more or less at half time.
- Towards the end of preparation add permesan cheese mix and serve.